In the highest heavens
Your name resounds
Over all the earth
From the depths of the sea
To the heights of the mount
There will You be found
Nothing can seperate me
From Your love
Nothing can come between us
Or stand in the way
Of Your love reaching out to me
Of Your grace given out so free
Of this hope that will never fail
I will trust in You
My whole life, Lord, it's Yours
Wherever I go
I cannot hide
You won't let me go
If I seek Your face
Draw near to You
You will be known
Nothing can seperate me
From Your love
Nothing can come between us
Or stand in the way
Of Your love reaching out to me
Of Your grace given out so free
Of this hope that will never fail
I will trust in You
My whole life, Lord, it's Yours
-
When I wrote the first verse, I thought the lyrics were kind of cliche, and I didn't like that. But I remembered a songwriter once saying that even though we try to avoid cliched lines, they sometimes are necessary, because that is what you want to say! So well, there you go.
I think this song unconsciously began with reading Ephesians 3:16-19 that day: "I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
Also, one of my greatest fears would be that I would one day not be able to hear God, or He would be far from me, or I would fall away from Him - that sort of thing. But I must remember that He is always here, with me. He will never leave me nor forsake me. His love really is amazing!
Later that day, I felt discouraged over something, and this song came to my mind. It was as if God wrote that song (through me), specially because He knew I would need some encouragement later! We have an awesome God who knows us well, amen!
Romans 8:37,38 - "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(11 June 2008)
Tuesday, 22 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment