Sitting on a train
Looking out my window
People and things go by
A thought pops into my mind
Share it, but with whom?
How 'bout You?
Sometimes it seems You'd be more real
If I could message, call or email You
But often I do not realise
That You are closer than I think You are
Just because I do not touch You
It does not mean You are not there
Just because there's no voice I hear
It does not mean You do not speak
You have a million things to tell me
To share - we'll laugh, we'll cry
And sometimes, we'll just be
Sitting on a train
Looking out my window
People and things go by
A thought pops into my mind
Share it, and we grin
People think I'm crazy
Who cares - I'm with You
'Tis our journey
-
Based on my love for rides. I take rides with Jesus, which is why as much as a friend's company is nice, I like to not take transport with friends sometimes. Many people think doing things alone is so, well, lonely. I beg to differ.
I once heard this quote - "All my time alone, I spend with you". Loved it immediately!
About two months back, I had this thought while on a train on the way to the city. I thought a thought which lasted about a second.
And then I thought - I like to blog my thoughts sometimes, and through that people can get to know me a bit better. But of course for one, it is not possible because a person has a multitude of thoughts. And secondly, it wouldn't be wise, anyway.
And I realised that... only God can know me so intimately. The thought which lasted just a second... only God would have seen and fully known and understood that thought. As much as we can share thoughts with other people, we can only share every thought with Jesus.
We all yearn for intimacy. And the most intimate we can ever get, is with Jesus.
(21 July 2008)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment