Sunday, 8 February 2009

(A Hymn)

I can come before You now
For You have made a way
When You died upon that cross
My sins were washed away

My slate, wiped clean, allows me now
To come to You with praise
My life now new in You
Brings me to sing of Your grace

From red to white, I’ve been redeemed
Washed whiter than the snow
Pure and whole, I’m not my own
I belong to You

Nothing holds me back, Lord Jesus
No things, no thoughts, no one
Who compares to the great I Am
The One who loves me most

So humbly now I enter in
To Your courts of holiness
Surrounded by so great a cloud
Of witnesses – I am free

So take me now into Your arms
I am Yours
Nothing else can stand between
For You are the way

I close my eyes and breathe a breath
The breath You’ve given me
Into this body You have formed
Your breath sustaining me

Evermore I’ll praise You now
With all I am, with all in me
Never ceasing You speak to me
I hear You now so clearly

Thank You Father – watching over me
Thank You Jesus – living and dying for me
Thank You Holy Spirit – guiding me
Thank You God – loving me

Today I come, I look to You
My eyes fixed on Your lovely face
Ever will I worship You
Abandoned to my King



-




Written after Planetshakers' DNA Encounter session whereby we were each individually prayed over and spoken to, by pastors and leaders of the church. After, I was just journaling, and these words came out. And I looked at it and it "seemed like a song".

My main thoughts after it were about how because of Christ, I am clean. Really clean - not even a scar after a wound heals, but complete healing. Also, learning to be uninhibited. To be abandoned to my King.





(9 November 2008)

No comments: