Sunday, 7 September 2008

Seeking You (My Everything)

I am seeking You, Jesus
You are so wonderful to me
How could I ever want another
When I have seen Your beauty
There is nothing like You
There is no one like You
How could I even try
To replace You with another
You are my everything
You are my everything



-



I was just sitting at my desk and writing down what I have to do the next day and on my agenda I wrote "seek His face". So on my laptop dashboard stickie I typed "I am seeking You Jesus" to remind myself to do that. And then out came all the other words, and I thought - hey that could make a song! And I was quite glad because I haven't written for a few weeks.

Back to "seek His face" being on the agenda. Yes, we have to intentionally set aside time to seek His face. We do walk with Jesus all the time and can talk to Him throughout the day, but having that "alone time" with Jesus is just... different. It's something that I need. I can't go without it. I used to struggle with doing my daily quiet time - it took me years to get it regular. But now, I'm glad to say that I enjoy spending time with God and I look forward to it. It is my daily sustenance. If I go without it, my day will not feel complete.

No, Jesus is not yet my everything. There are still many things I struggle with, and I do not always depend on Him. But I am in a learning process. I am learning to let Him be my everything.




(07 September 2008)

No comments: