Tuesday, 22 July 2008

Live to worship You (Holy Spirit have Your way)

Holy Spirit, have Your way
Holy Spirit, take Your place

Fill this place with Your presence
Fill this life with Your grace

I live to worship You
I live to bring You praise
Jesus, take Your rightful place -
King of this heart, lover of my soul

Fill this place with Your presence
Fill this life with Your grace
Come like a rushing wind
Breathe life and make me clean

I live to worship You
I live to bring You praise
Jesus, take Your rightful place -
King of this heart, lover of my soul

Fill me to overflowing
Feels just so overwhelming
I'll sing of Your great love
Nothing can stop me

I live to worship You
I live to bring You praise
Jesus, take Your rightful place -
King of this heart, lover of my soul



-



This song comes to my mind a lot, because I always need the Holy Spirit to have His way. I know that running by myself, on my own strength and intellect, will get me nowhere.

This life is about pleasing God, by worshipping Him in all that we do. When we do that, our lives will be a praise unto Him that:

1. Overwhelms us, as we get washed over by His goodness
2. Overflows to others, because it's too exciting to keep in - it's only natural for others to see the Jesus in us, and catch on.

That can only be done, when God has His rightful place as the King of our lives. Then will we live by grace, then can we really
live.



(6 May 2008)

No comments: