You are the Holy One
Righteous and set apart
There is none like You
There is none like You
You are beloved, Lord
Centre of my desire
I long to know You more
I long to know You more
I want to be like You
I want to be like You
Transform me Lord each day
Into Your image
I want to be like You
I want to be like You
Come touch me with Your presence
I come and bow down at Your feet
-
We were talking about holiness, earlier in the day before this song was written. I guess that prompted these words out, as I was doing some "free worship".
Time alone with God today started with the above song.
Come touch me with Your presence, I come and bow down at Your feet. And God really did touch me with His presence. It was, wow.
This thought came into my mind: What's the highest praise you could ever give a person? It'd be to say, "I want to be like You." Because that is saying that that person is someone you look up to, someone worth emulating. So in the same way, I would be giving God the highest praise by saying, "You are worth being like. I want to be like You".
(24 July 2008)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment