Tuesday, 22 July 2008

Lifting up Your name (It is Yours)

I wanna soak, soak in Your presence God
I wanna dwell, dwell in Your house forever
Lifting up Your name, lifting up Your name

I wanna praise, praise in the heavens forever
Love, love like I've never before
Lifting up Your name, lifting up Your name

Glory, Jesus I love You
And I give my all to You
These hands, this voice, this life, my all
It is Yours, it is Yours, it is Yours

Oh how I bask, bask in Your goodness God
Feel, feel so much freedom in You
Lifting up Your name, lifting up Your name



-



You know how there are some people you just love to spend time with? You could spend hours with them such that you run out of things to talk about, and sometimes you just enjoy the time spent together - no talking necessary. And you're comfortable. With some people, it's just an awkward silence. But with others, it's a comfortable silence. Nothing needs to fill that silence.

People often think that we must talk to God, or God must be talking to us, all the time. I used to think that way too. I wondered if I was too lazy to talk to God, or if I still wasn't able to recognise God's voice yet. But yet, when nobody said anything, and I knew it was just God and me in the place, I was happy.

At OCF one Friday, Chee Kai was sharing some stuff, and one of the by-the-way points that he made was that sometimes, you reach a point where you just simply enjoy God's presence. You don't even have to talk. And it's not an awkward silence. You just simply enjoy each other's presence.

And I was assured that it's okay when no one talks!

I love the words "soak" and "bask" which describe a way of being in God's presence. It's like God is sunlight. Imagine with me - on a cold winter day, the sun comes out and you just bask in the sunlight, soaking in it's warmth. From the ultimate source and giver of every good thing, comes refreshment, and life.

Awesome, yes? Be free in His presence. It's a great place to dwell.




(22 February 2007)

No comments: